GEORGE HAMBRIDGE (Ambridge)
Convicted Oxford A/S 6.3.1805 for sheep stealing. Death Sentence -
pardoned - sentenced to transportation for "Life". Sailed Ship "Fortune".
Master HY. Moore, from England 28.1.1806 Arrived 12.7.1806, Pardoned 31.1.1818.
Received a grant of 50 acres Aroyle Road, West Bargo, (Old name for Hume
Highway) New South Wales, 9.7.1822 by the Govenor. Original land
grant at Picton's History House.
Burial Date 15.11.1859 Angelican Church Of Holy Innocents, Cabramatta
Church of Holy Innocents designed by Edmund Blackett, completed in
1850 attached to St. Pauls's Cobbity.
Georges brother. John Hambridge (Ambridge)
Did not marry.
Sent out on convict ship in 1810 "Indian" 4 years after his brother
John was killed from a horse when riding on the Blue Mountains where
he was one of the first to drive a team of Bullocks out to the West.
BACK A PAGE
BACK TO START